Text BWH5KRACE to 51555 for reminders to register for the B.A.A. 5K! The B.A.A. 5K will be held on Saturday, April 15. Be part of the excitement of marathon weekend and support trauma research and care by participating with the Stepping Strong 5K Team. All fitness levels are welcome to join! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Share your B.A.A. 5K confirmation email and join the team
- Secure a bib from BWH if you didn’t register with the B.A.A. in time
- Participate virtually if can’t join us in-person
- When: January
- Bibs for the in-person race sells out very quickly. To receive registration reminders leading up to the day text BWH5KRACE to 51555.
FUNDRAISING & FEES
- $150: Race day shirt and post-race party at the Revere Hotel!
- $5 Brigham registration fee and B.A.A. race registration fee (both separate from fundraising)
VIRTUAL RACE DETAILS
- When: April 14-16
- Who: Anyone!
- Where: Anywhere in the world
- Fundraising commitments start at $100 and include a race day shirt
The Stepping Strong Story: Turning Tragedy Into Hope
In 2013, Boston was changed forever when a beautiful Marathon Monday turned into a senseless tragedy. Gillian Reny, then a high school senior, was one of the 39 critically injured patients rushed to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where doctors and nurses saved her life and both of her legs. In gratitude to the Brigham, the Reny family established The Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation to help other trauma patients like Gillian regain their strength and ability to step strong once again.Learn More